Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - LOTW fishing lately?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Minnow

Default RE: LOTW fishing lately?

I agree with walleyekid. You couldn't be going to a better place than Arnesen's. Lot's of good structure in that area. They run a first class operation at Arnesen's. I was out fishing with a buddy in one of their rental house's about 2 weeks ago. For about the first hour I was there, I was windmilling! To the point where I was only able to fish with one line! Used a dropper rig consisting of a small gold attractor spoon with an 8 inch leader and a #6 bronze Kahle hook tied on it. I would drop my bait down, try to fiddle with my second rod, and have to stop to land another fish. Didn't catch any hawg's but we did end up with limit's for 4 people plus half a dozen bonus sauger's. Some of the best ice fishing I've had since I moved up here 4 1/2 year's ago. We used the minnow's provided by the resort and they may have made the difference. They were fathead's(chub's)and the biggest one's I've ever seen. Would love to know where they got them. Later in the day a 1/4 oz gold Buckshot Rattle Spoon became the hot bait. I just can't say enough good thing's about my experience of fishing at Arnesen's. No, I am not related to them nor did they cross my palm with silver to post this. When you are as good as they are, you don't have to resort to such tactic's.:-) keith_forsberg;-)