Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Kag Lake Nakina
Thread: Kag Lake Nakina
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Northern Boy

Thanks all for the replies. Tightliner, I believe Chad was telling me about that area, is it to the west of camp? He has been talking to some of the old guests and getting a bit of information. I understand there are some nice weed beds up in Humble Bay with some good drop offs. It sounds like no matter how windy, you can always fish Humble Bay.We are planning the second week of August and will be looking for some big northerns. We still want to eat walleye every night though.
Corvette 1, I believe you will be very happy at Abamasagi. Bill Ferring(previous owner), once told us there are so many fish in Abamasagi, that you have to hide behind a tree to bait your hook. I must say though, it has a fantastic fishery. It is not unusual for one boat to pull up a hundred walleye in one day. There are some great sunken weed beds for trophy pike as well. Every year we went back, we would find new spots for big pike. It is a big lake, but there is always an area to get out of the wind. The walleye are simply everywhere in that lake.
Any more info on Kag, we are really looking forward to our trip this year.