Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - powder paint colors after curing on two tone jigs
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgoosekillr View Post
i have been doing a lot of two tone painting lately. I'm starting to notice something and I'm hoping some other users here will have some good input on this. When doing two tone jigs ill use my last pour as an example, it was a a white undercoat, a chart yellow base with hot pink on the top and orange on the bottom. You can see the pics below... well this is before the curing. After i cured the jigs the hot pink on the top turned into orange. well more of a hot pink fade to orange. My question is what colors have you guys had change on you during curing? I just made a bunch of jigs the way i wanted them only to have them change on me.
There are a couple of ways you can get this color combination to work with powder paint.

1. Do the white base coat, dip the top and bottom colors, and then use a paint brush to tap the chartruese on to the middle band.

2. Do the colors the way you have been, but after applying the pink heat the jig just enough for the pink to get "glossy" (a heat gun would be the easiest way to do it.) Apply an epoxy like Devcon 2 Ton 30 minute epoxy to protect the paint instead of curing it.

I kind of like the 1st way myself because you get somewhat more "natural" transitions from one color to the other, and you don't have to do the epoxy top coat.

Good luck!

Dan