Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Blakemore Road Runners?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Wallhanger

I use all kinds of lures for walleyes in NW Ontario - cranks tossed and trolled (lots of Rapalas), Lindy rigs, spinners behind bottom bouncers, slip bobbering, jigs of all sizes, shapes, and colors, etc., etc., etc. However, over more than thirty years I've caught more 'eyes on Road Runners than any other single lure. Yellow or chartreuse with half a crawler. Can have a plastic twister tail or not, plain hook or with the fuzzy add-on. I always have an assortment of sizes. Use light ones on an ultralight rod, 8th or quarter oz. to cast with a longer light action rod, even some 3/8th oz. to back troll or when forward trolling with the bow mount. The small ones with a 1" piece of crawler are excellent jumbo perch catchers, too.

I have not found any significant difference in effectiveness between the Blakemore brand and some other cheaper brand, like Bass Pro's own brand. Someone, maybe it's BPS, calls theirs the Stump Jumper. Never leave home without them!!

P.S. Years ago on one of my son's early trips to Canada, we arrived in camp early and were waiting for our cabin to be ready. He took his ultralight with 6 lb. test line and a small RoadRunner down to the dock and proceeded to catch the largest northern he has ever landed.