Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Ice Shelter
Thread: Ice Shelter
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Brian,
I still have a one man flip over that was made by a coworker of mine. He had it made of wood with a nylon top. The seller did all of the wood work and carpeting. His wife did the nylon tops. I put a pair of downhill skies under it to let it pull more easily. But it is still my favorite shelter to use if I am going to be fishing by myself, whether I am actually by myself, or in a group - each of whom have their own shelter.

Even though it is enjoyable to fish next to folks when ice fishing if it is slow; I would just as soon fish in a one man house so that if something isn't working, I don't have to asks anyone if we should move.

Rather, I just flip the house open, grab the rope and tow it over to a different location. Pop a hole, or open up an old hole, flip the lid down and go back to fishing. Everything stays in the house, so no packing required when moving from hole to hole.

REW
Oh I have had a 1 man fish trap with the plastic bottom for many years. I had the original one with the sliding bench seat, then I upgraded to the one man with the comfy seat, the cover, the tow hitch, led lights, the whole shot lol

I was just reminising is all

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.