Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Lund Impact 1775 cavitation and other issues
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy12 View Post
I had a 2012 1775 Impact with a Merc 115 four stroke. I was shown on the water how to use the trim by the dealer, before taking possession of the boat. It was different from my previous boat, which did not even have a trim button. I was told to start out completely trimmed in, to get on plane. Once on plane, adjust the trim out, until at optimal performance. It did not take long to figure out where that spot was, and it eventually became second nature.

The 2012 Impact came with the aluminum Black Max, 13 X 19. It planed very easily, and quickly got to speed. If memory serves, top speed was just around 40 mph, at around 6000 rpm. On sharper turns, I had to trim in a bit to avoid cavitation. Again, it eventually became second nature. I had been told on this site, and elsewhere, that a stainless prop would help to avoid blowing out on turns. Before I managed to try different props, I traded in the boat -- for another Impact. I just went a little bit bigger, with a layout a bit more to my liking the Impact 1850 XS, with Merc 150 four stroke. This one came with a a stainless prop, the Tempest Plus, 13 X 19, and trimming down on turns has not been necessary in most cases. It rides beautifully.

As to your issues, here's my non-professional advice. As far as trimming, take the time to learn your boat before getting upset and looking for something else. All Makes and models are different, and will take a bit of time to find best performance. Ten hours is barely engine break-in time. Your motor should not struggle to get up to speed. I think I would get a Merc mechanic to go out on the lake with you to see if he can figurte that out. I believe my motor on the 1775 Impact was mounted second hole from the top. Wherever it was, it was where Lund recommended it be. Maybe there is something that needs to be fixed, or adjusted, because that 115 four stroke should be a sipper, not a guzzler.

I hope you find your answer, and begin to enjoy the boat.
I have a Rebel 1750 XS with the 115 4Str, I was shown the same way of getting the right trim, get on plane with it all the way down, they trim up until the bow stops bouncing in the waves. I find I need to trim down slightly when turning hard. When I was first getting used to driving the boat in chop, I found I was over trimming. I have a 19p Spitfire prop and am very pleased.