Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - trailer pulls hard
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Charter Member

Nosebleed,
You can level with us.
The number one reason that you don't want to drive 50 mph on your drive is that you don't like to drive that speed.

There are plenty of vehicles on freeways that drive 50 mph and as long as they stay in the right lane get along just fine.

From the way that you have your vehicle rigged, you likely haven't seen 50 mph on the open road in years. Perfectly fine.

But, just drive your rig at 50 mph for a couple hundred miles - topping the tank before and after and I think you would really find the mileage results surprising.

Also, remember, you don't have to drive on the freeway, especially if you are driving 50 mph.

When my wife and I take trips in the RV, we generally try to drive the Non freeway routes. We like to enjoy the view and take our time. So, we generally drive 50-55 when taking these secondary roads to our destination. It is surprising how much there is to be seen by taking the back roads.

Take care
REW