Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Houseboat Costs
Thread: Houseboat Costs
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Slot Fish

The group I fish with have been going with Houseboat Adventures out of Kenora for the last 3 years so I can not speak for or against either of the Lac Seul offerings. We have looked into them but it hasn't been in the cards to give them a try yet.

As for what things we plan for cost wise here is a short run down off the top of my head. Cost of the houseboat (how many days), cost of rental boats, is gas included, bait??, TAX, beer, liquor (border limits), ice, Fishing license, travel, exchange rate, hotel coming and going, mid week check (included? extra check?).

We have a few in our group that fly so we think about differences in cost for flying vs driving, flying to different cities and renting cars vs having a cab service take us to our destination. We try to think of every conceivable thing we could be charged for and plan accordingly and then have everyone bring around 200 cash for incidentals that truly can not be planned for.

I don't know how much your trip may end up being but even though I haven't been to Lac Seul I can assure you you will have an awesome time. The houseboat experience is really fun.