Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Lake erie nets
Thread: Lake erie nets
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2000, 12:06 PM
andy hartwig

Default RE: Lake erie nets

It is good to see that the absurd idea of a net dividing the lake has settled down. I believe that was suggested in jest, and hopefully nobody actually took it seriously. This would truely be an impossibility. I would really appreciate somebody listing addresses (e-mial) and phone numbers for the appropriate elected officials in both Michigan and Ohio for us to contact. I saw a situation on the St. Joseph river (Michigan) where a very few fisherman got regulations changed to help protect the walleye---look in your michigan fishing guide under special regulations for walleye, that's a recent change due in part to mainly one person constantly writing to the dnr. Now I know the Erie situation is a little different, but as proved by this site, look how many people we have to help us. So please write to your state officials and let them know that you demand action, it is possible to enact some change. I strongly encourage our Canadian brothers to do the same, eh? So, please, lets get some addresses listed on the main discussion page.