Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - red gut bay / rainy lake
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2001, 02:15 PM
The Great Guide

Default RE: red gut bay / rainy lake

In my opinion Red Gut is better for walleyes in the summer than early June. However, there are plenty to be had for the savvy fisherman. I agree with ND89 that jigs and minnows are effective. Some of my favroite early June spots - all are listed on the maps: Red pine narrows, Entrance to Porter's Inlet (this area is restricted no fishing past this point until I think June 15th. Crooked Narrows, Peary Straights, Spawn Bay Inlet. Pull some 8 to 9 inch white or yellow Rapalas around the bays downstream from these spots for nice 20 to 25 inch W's. . The Landing is a nice place and very centrally located to these spots.

If you want to take a nice 20 mile boat ride for a days fishing go to Grassy Narrows on Seine Bay. Fish the narrows and the big bay to the right. If you want to make a 25 miles run you can go to Comorant Bay on the other side of the Scott Islands in South Bay Remember US citizens get 1 fish per day.

Smallmouth fishing is excellent this time of the year. They are in any rock pile or on island points. Small cranks will get the Smallies without much effort. If it's a sunny day, go for the Smallies until the evening hours then go for the W's. TGG