Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - muskie lures for eagle river wis. fishing trip in sept.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Wallhanger

I fish the chain in tournments every year. The chain is a weird fishing experience. If i look back i have caught most fish on small lures no matter what time of year. Most of the fish we see or catch tend to be small. in fact for years, the largest fish that won the tourney's have been in the high 30"s with is pathetic.

my suggestion is normal size bucktails, phantoms, mid size topwater (over the weeds). I have only raised one fish on a bulldawg there but have had a few catches and follows on black bucktails with silver/copper blades. The water is pretty clear on the chain so natural colors are usually what i throw.

I am not saying bulldawgs won't work, i just haven't had much luck on them in countless hours on the chain of lakes. I usually don't fish Catfish due to the recreational traffic but there are some bigger fish in there. As always, weather, water temp etc.. will be key to what you fish and how you fish it.

Last edited by wallymn99; 03-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.