Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Blakemore Road Runners?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post
Pete
I have noticed that gander here in buffalo has gone down hill on a lot of their stufff compared to what they had when they first opened. When they first opened I went there a couple times a week, but rarely go now.

Dick's sporting goods has become more of a yuppy exercise equipment store and fashion clothes.

Galyans was a great store but they were bought out by Dick's sporting goods.

I cannot wait til Basspro opens here and wish there was a Cabelas in the works as well
In the Detroit area we had a Sportsmans Warehouse for under a year. The store was obviously stocked by people who use what they sell, not marketing gurus. I loved the place. Anything I wanted from fly tying supplies to muskie baits was in stock. Unfortunately the people who decided to put the store in it's lousy location are probably the same people who decided to not even give it a year before closing it.
I wish we had one of those back around here, I liked it a lot better than BPS or Cabelas, much less Dicks or Gander.