Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Trying to find a camp/lodge question
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Slot Fish

I certainly get the big water concerns. We've had a couple white knuckle experiences on Lac Seul coming back in the afternoon after the wind kicked up. We bring our own boat and have stayed at multiple places between Ear Falls and Vermilion Bay. My favorite musky lake is Eagle. My favorite walleye lake is Lac Seul. We look at the weather forecast and pick one of those two or maybe one of the smaller lakes in between Vermilion Bay & Ear Falls if the weather looks iffy. Now, it sounds like you strictly use camp boats, so you aren't bringing up a boat(s) for that kind of flexibility. However, there is potentially another option. You might be able to rent boats prior to arriving in camp & lake hop like I do. (I don't believe any camps will let you trailer their boats, but might be worth a question). I looked into it several years ago & it was doable. I think at that time Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake MN was doing rentals & would let you take them into Canada - doesn't appear they are doing rentals any more based on their web site, however I did find this - not sure if they'd let you take them to Canada or not but maybe...

http://www.fosterbrosmarine.com/rentals.htm