Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Mississippi River Reports - Can it be Possible to sustain a thread?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Wallhanger

I fished 14 a few day last week, caught a few walleye, large & smallmouth bass, sheepheads, small flathead. Most my fish came off wingdams between Clinton and the dam. Shad color ringworms caught most of them, a few on jig-n-minnow.

I talked to one gentleman who had fished the Illinois side of the dam and said he caught fish for a couple days then things turned off.

So no big days but more importantly too me anyway is that I am having at least some success with methods which are pretty new to me, also my boat control at wingdams has come a long way.

As for my son, he has still got the bug, matter of fact my father-in-law took him shopping for a "toy" last weekend, the toy my son picked out, Seasonal Jigging Tactics for Walleye DVD put out by the fellas from The Next Bite.

Vertical jigging is going to be difficult for my son I'm afraid but he wants to try. We did try 3 ways with floating cranks last Wendesday but there was so much grass coming down it was nearly impossible.

Quote from Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President