Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - 99 Tahoe, Front end alignment "knockouts"
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Wallhanger

Default 99 Tahoe, Front end alignment "knockouts"

My wife took our Tahoe to the local auto dealer for a front end alignment. I told her if there is any questions just have the dealership call me. Well, the call I expected came. This is where it gets interesting.
They claim in order to do the front end alignment they would have to remove the original factory knockouts in order to do the job. Around 300 bucks should cover it.
I have never heard of knockouts that have to be removed to do a alignment, but I'm not a mechanic either so I just dont know.
O.K, now this were it really gets interesting (still with me)? The vehicle was involved in a nasty collision 3 years ago with the right front axle taking a pretty bad impact. The right A frame was destroyed and had to be replaced. The aluminum mag was shattered and the frame had to be straightend,you get the picture right?
Here's my question, with the vehicle taking such a major impact to the frontend 3 years ago, How did they do a front end alignment then, with these so called knockouts still in place? Whats going on here? Ken