Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - I found my fuel line problem, check this out!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The thing is its not just the Merc line that is having problems. On my Triton it had very heavy reinforced black rubber lines that were installed when it was built. I could take a small flat screwdriver and turn it around inside the line and get a black powder out of it. The powder was also in the filter. I installed the new Merc lines in it. 25 feet worth. Wiredog
Most of the liner seperation is noted in the above deck Merc fuel lines but the ethonal is affecting all lines to some degree.

The fuel/vent lines below deck have a different rating than the fuel lines above the deck.

The fuel/ seperator should catch any debris from the below deck black lines if they start to break down and you can see little black particles in the filter when you change it each year.

Ironic how we spend money to solve a problem, caused by a product we spend money to create, as per legislation.
Guberment at its finest.
Sigh