Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Fisher FX DV 18
Thread: Fisher FX DV 18
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2001, 10:28 PM
Minnow

Default Fisher FX DV 18

I need some honest opinions on the Fisher FX DV 18. I have been checking into 18-20 foot glass boats and the layout of this boat just keeps me interested. Beyond that, how does it perform? Do you need the 200 hp or will the 150 do ok? I read the "hot" discussion regarding the aluminum Fishers and how they became "Trackerized"...does Tracker Marine make the FX DV 18 also? if not where are they put together?

Two other boats that have my attention are the Sylvan Viper and the Skeeter. Don't like the rod lockers in the Viper at all and know nothing about the Skeeter (really liked them when I bought my last boat but haven't kept up with their new stuff!)

I would like to keep my price under $30,000 with a kicker and by the looks of it one of our SD dealer can do that on the Skeeter. The Fisher is a "skitch" over 30 and the Sylvan just under. (remember these are just the first dealers I have heard prices from, if anyone knows some hot deals pass them along)

Thanks for any help.