Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Canadian Outposts and Lodges...
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2001, 05:07 PM
Marty

Default RE: Canadian Outposts and Lodges...

I ran Wilderness North for three years and managed Miminiska (Mim) for a couple months last summer after our lodge managers quit mid-season. It is a great lodge and it is really known for the walleye and brookie fishing. The potential does exist for many big pike but they can be very spotty. There is a bay to the west of the lodge called Curry Bay that is very large (5 miles or so across) and has an average depth of about 7 feet. There are also a lot of rocky whalebacks that hold pike in the bay. I have had excellent luck on 8-15 pound pike in that bay especially. The best lure bar none is Northland's Bionic Bucktail in the walleye color (yellow, orange bucktail with a little brown and copper blades). There is also a spot called the walleye mine that holds some real sows. The "mine" is the place that the Albany River flows into Miminiska Lake. These fish are scattered and are feeding on the huge schools of walleye that hold in this area. I have taken a couple 20# from this spot. The lake is pretty big and there are a lot more spots that you will find pike, I just gave you my best two for an example. I hope your trip goes well, Mim lodge is truly a beautiful place. If you want a real adventure ask for a fly-out to Keezhik or Petawanga.