Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Fishing Lake Evans, Quebec via Americree
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishfearme View Post
we did a trip to what was then north american bushman's crow bay camp on lac evans. not sure who runs it now. here's some thoughts off the top of my head:
- camp manager who's sole role as far as i can see is to drink all your beer and eat all your food
- this is a james bay lowlands lake. in some places you will only find 3-4 ft of water, flat featureless bottom for miles and miles - we thought our sounder was stuck but dipping a paddle in confirmed depth. this is NOT a canadian schield lake
- no water at the cabin, had to haul lake water about 1/4 mile
- you will get trophy pike just by trolling around but we found the walleye fishing sparse
- very expensive for what you get and a long drive to metagami
- outfitter forced us to put three guys in a boat - would not permit one guy in a boat except for another few hundred dollars
- at a spot called the "truck stop" all the trucks were gone but there was a huge school of 19inch whitefish that were fun to catch on practically anything
- some people love this lake - we did not rebook - much better deals and much better pike and walleye fishing in NW ontario.

good luck,
phish
Thanks for the feedback Phish. Besides your post above, I reread your comments posted back in 07 or 08. It was disappointing to read that your experience fishing walleye on Lake Evans (Crow Bay) was unsatisfactory. I would have thought that the walleye fishing would have been much better particularly where ever the rivers flow in. Like you, I'm much more used to fishing walleye in Canadian Shield lakes.