Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Where to in Western Ontario?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Bob View Post
Back again with a few more questions. Does anyone have any experience with Colgrove's Eagle Lake Lodge? It seems to have the flexibility in meals and equipment that my dad and I were looking for. I left it a bit late for booking a cabin so quite a few lodges were booked up. Any opinions on the musky fishing or effective baits for the northeast area of Eagle Lake? We planned to go the first week of July. How is the fishing at that time of year?
I may haul my boat down and use it rather than the lodge boats. It's a decent boat for northern Alberta, a 2005 1750 Crestliner Fishhawk with dual bubble windshields. It has a Yamaha F115, 2 LMS 332s, and an 80lb. Minn Kota with AP and co-pilot. It has fairly large front and rear casting decks so I hope it will work well for musky fishing. With my own boat we can trailer it to other musky lakes or the northwest part of Eagle for lake trout if we want. I can also bring alot more gear if I drive rather than fly. Is there a good hydrographic map chip out there for Eagel Lake? Thanks again for the information.
Bob.......you really need to consider hiring a guide for your whole trip, not just one day if you are serious about your dad catching a muskie...on Eagle or any other lake. Eagle can be a challenge for muskie, and even for navigating hazards and such....especially on the east end of the lake. It's not something you just tackle on your own if you have no experience. Believe me, you will be much happier having someone along who can give you a real shot at catching fish. Your boat would be fine, as would Colgroves.......it is a great spot, but you are going to need some help. Hire a guide!