Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Company owned truck
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE WALLEYE View Post
You better be careful and read the company vehicle usage policy. I have a company truck and it clearly states that we are not allowed to tow. The reason being it doesn't take much trailer weight to get a half ton truck up to a GVW that requires a CDL, med card, etc. in the event of an accident or even a traffic stop it would have to be proven that the vehicle was not being used comercialy at the time.
IMO it is not possible to get a 1/2 ton truck with trailer into CDL range. It would be very difficult to get combined gross weight anywhere near the 26,000 mark. I don't know of any 1/2 ton trucks that can pull a trailer that weighs 17-18,000.

Only thing I could see putting a 1/2 into that class would be pulling a trailer rated for over 10,000. Not even sure if that would make a CDL needed as the 10k rule usually pertained to trailers behind a class B truck with out requiring a class A license.