Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Help with Verado 250 Pro and Ranger 620
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Minnow

Default Help with Verado 250 Pro and Ranger 620

Hello everyone!

I picked up my new 2012 620 a couple weeks ago and I'm now done with the break-in. Just my opinion of course...top end and the ride are incredible (I was in an Alumacraft 165 Trophy with a 115 before...so yup, I'm dig'n it!) but the hole shot leaves a little bit to be desired. I know it's not going to jump out of the hole as it's a big, deep, heavy boat with a 4-stroke but it sure seems like it could be better.

As the title states I have the Verado 250 Pro and it's swinging a Rev 4 (14-5/8" x 21") with solid PVS plugs in place. I'm not looking to switch props just adjust the venting to increase performance with the stock equipment. I've spoken with Mercury and they recomended a 9 step process (which includes ordering 4 sets of plugs mind you) to find the sweet spot. I'm more into dunking my boat in the lake and fishing than I am "performance tuning", any of you guys out there able to share some wisdom on this setup and save me a whole lot of tinkering around??

Thanks in advance!