Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - AIM Tourney????
Thread: AIM Tourney????
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Tourney Guy

Default Seriously??

"I can say this; the number one complaint about tournaments from local businesses is every participant expects discounts just because they came to town. When the city, town or area is paying for an event, the event and participants are not the customers…the city, town or area is."

Seriously Double G??? Number one complaint, and every participant??? I've been to a number of tournament sites over the years and have never heard that complaint from businesses. Of course I've never asked them what their number one complaint was. I have heard them comment that they enjoy the brief spike in business/sales while the anglers are in town. Never expected a discount or something free when I came to town. Guess that doesn't fit with the every participant comment. I guess it never crossed my mind and never will that the local businesses "owe" me something. I will say this though, it was very nice and much appreciated when the bait shop in Spring Valley, IL had free hot dogs and sodas for the anglers last year. I know we made sure we did business with them, and will in the future. We felt like we owed them something. This Spring Valley reference is just one example of the many that are out there.