Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - trailer pulls hard
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Nosebleed.
Out of curiosity, on your next trip, drive the entire trip but never exceed 50 mph. Then, measure the fuel mileage of your rig when you keep the top speed of your rig to 50 mph or under.

See if by reducing your speed to 50 mph, that you don't end up with fuel mileage in the 15-18 mph range.

Take care
REW
Thanks for the advice but 50mph is dangerous on the interstates around here traffic is 75-80 so I need to do 68 to avoid being a hazard.

I'll get my brother to tow it with his tundra and we'll see what he gets.

The thing that doesn't add up in my head is that even on a medium down hill it never want's to coast it will decel when I let off. Seems like it should glide down hill. makes me wonder how much wind i'm pulling in and around the boat. I'm hopfull the tarp will help.

I checked the tires and they're rated 50max and they had- 46,46,41,37.5. set them to 50, sounds like maybe i should go more? they're new and not weather checked or anything. Maybe i could go 60psi

And as far as the motor looking big it IS! 600lbs. I'm glade the cowling is so V shaped. It's up there all alone in the wind on the road.