Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - FLW Red Wing
Thread: FLW Red Wing
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 05:02 AM
dpd

Default RE: FLW Red Wing

As a Co, I feal that is also my responsibilty to make sure we get back on time. If I do something to make us late than I should be penalized also. When we leave the launch area I make sure that I look at the time. When we get to the fishing hole I look at the time. If it was a real long run I note that I will take up to 50% longer to make it back. Lets say that it took 1-hour to get there. On most days the winds will pick up some and make the ride back longer. Knowing that it will take 1 1/2 hrs to get back I start causually start talking to the Pro at 1:45 mins before weigh-in that we might want to think about going in. Making some comments about keeping the fish alive. Penalities for dead fish, and so on. Sometimes I get you are right and other times I get some S$%$.
Last year on Lake Erie League event we made a long run that took 1 hr to get there. At 2 hrs remaining we had a 36 lbs in the boat. Knowing that that could win I started talking to the pro. I told him that we could not have all 5 fish dead as that would cost us 2 1/2 lbs and we should start in. After been sternly told who was in charge he did agree. By taking our time coming back and stoping every 15 mins to give the fish a little breather we only lost one. Had we lost all 5 (and we would) we would have dropped to 6th. By making my suggestions we finished 3rd.

My point is that the Co is just as responsible to getting back on time. I do not think that any pro would keep his co from cashing a check if he can. Punish the Co just like you do the Pro.