Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Vexilar or Marcum
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Keeper

Default RE: Vexilar or Marcum answer LOWRANCE

I've ran a Lowrance on ice for over two years now, the thing is OK. It is good if you are in one spot most of the day. Hole hopping with a graph is far slower than a flasher. A graph doesn't give the feedback like a flasher - with a flasher you can see the fishes mood better (they appear to vibrate when active when charging your bait) and if you are using familiar lures, you can see when you jig is fowled with your line, not something easily seen with a graph. My graph also shifts intensities every so often (with auto sensitivity off) and looses the depth around other flasher units. It is OK. A flasher is a far superior winter fishing tool. I will still use the graph at times, usually on a deadstick. I would run out tomorrow and buy another flasher if mine broke, the graph is no substitute IMO.

As mentioned, a graph is good for when you go take a leak, you can see you missed that big one.. LB