Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt as an amateur?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM
NDr

Default RE: How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt as an amateur?

Depends on the pro's attitude. I've always given $50/day. But I do have to admit one time I did not give anything. I had a guy who'd been having a bad tourney. But instead of taking it in stride and and just fishing and having fun, the guy was a complete jerk. So, it cost him. I hope I made his day even a bit worse. He was the exception though. Most of the guys I've had have always been great. I see fishing as an am is not much different than hiring a guide. I alway tip them so, why wouldn't I tip these guys. Especially since these guys are taking me to their best spots and trying their hardest. You rarely get that from a guide.

I've also fished a few on the pro side. But I've never taken any money. The ones I've fished have been on my home waters and I figured that these guys had to spend a lot more than I did to fish those so I thanked them for the offer and turned them down.