Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Toilet seats- why I shop on the internet.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarcraft91 View Post
24 years ago, we built a house and chose almond-colored toilets with elongated bowls. That decision has come back to haunt me.

The past two days, I have visited Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Meijers, Bed Bath and Beyond and Walmart, trying to find replacement seats like the ones we have now (almond/biscuit color, elongated, molded wood with full-length metal hinges). Nothing like that in stock- sorry, and every store carries the same models of the same brands. Must all get their deliveries from the same warehouse. Apparently, we should have chosen white, round bowl fixtures if we planned to live in the house more than 15 years. Those of you building today- take notice.

Home Depot was kind enough to show me their catalog where I have a choice of 2 seats close to what I want (full-length metal hinges seem a thing of the past) for a mere $50 or $70 each. If those don't suit me, there are other choices in the $150 and up range. Most expensive seat I saw was just shy of $600- must be for an Air Force jet bomber.

So, it's off to the internet, where I hope to find a better selection at prices I'm more willing to pay. Metal hinges are a must-have, as one family member is heavy, handicapped and has proven ability to overwhelm plastic hinges.

If anyone else has gone on a similar quest and found a good answer, I'm all ears.

Just finished doing the same thing. Two different sizes, 16.5 inches and 18.5 inches (as measured from the bolt to the front) then multiple colors, material, design and different hinge material/configuration. With those combinations the number of different toilet seats must range into the hundreds? Anyway, your right, the big box stores don't carry that many and they deal almost only in white. Fortunately ours was white.....but had so idea there were so many options!