Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Hours on your Yamaha 4 stroke ?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullhead View Post
..... are yours VTS Yam's ? I'm not sure - this is all new to me. I asked him how many hours he thought were on the outboard and he says something like 525.6. I asked if he'd had it in to the dealer - and he replied, "no, there's an hour meter right on the tach".

My last rig was a 93 ProV with a '99 Honda......so I'm not real in touch with what's available today - or back in 2005. If I pull it home - I'll let you know.
Yes both have the VTS and both motors were on a LUnd but the tach came with the boat and is made by Merc. ... no hour meter with the Merc guages. Neither of my motors came with an hour meter except the built in one on the computer so when I interfaced the motors to my HDS I was able to read actual hours from day 1 of operation.

I wonder what your top end will be with this boat? Also, what HP is the boat rated for?

My F75 was on a 2008 Lund PRoGUide which I am sure is less weight than a ProV and I would top out at 36 mph on the gps.

Have fun!