Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Humminbird 597 problem
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemidjiboy View Post
Hey guys. I was just about to post a similar thread, but here you are. I just returned my 597 with down imaging to one without (the sales guy hadn't told me that the downscan wouldn't work on the US2). I had a similar problem and was curious to see if the 597CI unit worked better. NO - just like you say, Trego - depth all over the place and horrible picture....UNLESS you turn off the trolling motor. So, it seems to be an interference problem as my rigging guy suspected. He showed me a little box (matchbox size) around which you have to wrap the transducer cable a few times or something like that. Says you can only get them from Humminbird (accoring to his rep). Weird stuff, but our issue seems to be the same: The US2 transducer isn't worth a crap when the Terrova is running.
I don't like the idea of extra rigging for something that is supposed to work in the first place. Anybody from Johnson Outdoors listening??
What is humminbird telling you?