Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Houseboat Costs
Thread: Houseboat Costs
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Minnow

we have been houseboating it for 3 years, and 18 years before that all at frograpids camp in town.
We use lac suel floating lodges-bottom line great people.
We go with a group of 6 guys so our costs are alittle higher. Per guy with gas,food, license and bait about 1000-1100 a guy. If we had 8 the trip would be about 150 less a guy. We bring our own boats, we eat great food(only 3 fish fries), and we drink a fair amount. Awsome part is we call it a day early alot and go back and bobber fish off the back of the house boats so we can have a few legal cocktails. There are evening where we will easily catch 75-100 walleye in 2-3 hours off the back of the boat before dinner. fact of the mater is we love the houseboat trip and it is worth the extra cost. Key factors are going with a good group of guys who all think alike. We all get up around the same time, all enjoy staying up late playing card. We all know our jobs on the boat and it goes well, bring one or two lazy or angry guys and i wouldn't want to be on the houseboat all week with them. If someone wants the actual breakdown i can get you a spread sheet. My father is kind of anal about that stuff so he has everything down to food lists. just pm me

pat