Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Why Did You Quit Fishing Tournaments
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

1. Family - I couldn't stand using all my vacation time to fish tourneys and not have my family around.

2. Desire - I lost my fire to compete. Instead of spending the necessary 12 hrs a day on the water I started fishing 6-8 hrs and my results faded with my lack of time on the water.

3. Burnout - I work many hours in my job and I hated being committed to going to tourneys, speaking, boat shows, and just having to be somewhere.

4. Economy - When G3 called it quits in the FLW I didn't feel like starting from scratch. It took me 7 years to build up $10K plus per year in sponsor's cash support coming in and I didn't see this as a break even, much less money making venture.

The thing I miss the most is the comeradere of my partners, my ex-sponsors and the people who fish the tour. They remain my lifelong friends.