Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Best revolver for deer hunting?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Slot Fish

My .02.
The S&W xvr 460 is the superstar of revolvers. The gun is capable of +200 yard accuracy, the shooter may not be though. Ammo is pretty pricy though. Next on my list would be the .44 Magnum. Ammo is still pretty pricey though but good to 100yds. And my third choice is the 357 magnum. good out to 50 yards which is the accurate limit for most shooters. the nice thing about the 357 is it is much cheaper for the ammo because you can use 38special for shooting at the range and becooming a much better shooter for less money. My fist choice would be the 357 because my assumption is that since you asked for opinions you might not have a lot of practice or knowledge and maybe you need to get used to shooting accurate with a revolver and it would not hurt your pocket book too much. If that's not the case and your already experienced and don't need to shoot alot of rounds at the range then the 44 is a better choice. If your looking to go all out and spend some money the xvr is in my opinion the all around most superior revolver round you can buy. I wish I had one but I'm only up to the point where i'm looking to move up from the 357 and get a 44. This is just my opinion. As far as ammo check out the hornady leverevolution

Last edited by tds2180; 04-02-2011 at 07:03 PM.