Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Fishing lines are getting better.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Minnow

Fireline could work but your talking "Lac Seul" where monsters roam! I would suggest to always use a leader when chasing the toothy Esox. You might get away with no leader and light line but your odds significantly decrease when targeting these species with light line and no leader. If your gonna chase Muskie I would highly suggest to use no less than 65# braided line. I use 80-100# but I know 100% for sure I won't lose my expensive Muskie lure and I won't lose a fish and have it swim off with a 5-14" bait stuck in it's mouth. If you plan on releasing Muskie then it's best to use a leader and with heavier braid. Lac Seul has 40-50# fish, why not put the odds in your favor and know your terminal tackle is up to par for fighting a potential lifetime fish! Trust me, Muskies dont care about line color and visable leaders if they want to eat. Use 130# leaders with 65# braid at a minimum for Muskie