Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Lund Fisherman Rivet Repair
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Keeper

Default Lund Fisherman Rivet Repair

Hey, I have been looking at a 2001 Lund Fisherman 1800 for quite some time. The boat is spotless and the 150 Merc runs and looks great. But there's one problem....... it has about 20-30 leaking rivets. All the bad rivets are on the same bulkhead almost right under the windshield. The owner is going to hammer the rivets back in place from the inside, and use marine grade apoxi to seal them.
The only reason I am considering this boat is because he is willing to drop the price to $11,500, and I know for sure that the keel isn't bad. So I'm thinking it may be worth it even if the rivet repair didn't hold, because numerous dealers have told me that Lund would charge about $2,000 to fix the problem professionally. And I don't think that paying $13,500 in the long run would be so bad.
Well I am just looking for second opinions on the matter, because I am on the fence about this boat. What do you guys think about the repair job? Do you think there could be a more serious problem? Am I being stupid for considering this? lol