Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Terrova/Ram Mount
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Wallhanger

Sorry to hijack the thread. Maybe someone can point me to another thread, but I don't understand. I can admit when I'm wrong.

Does the RAM have rubber bushings, spring, or piston to dissipate the energy? The way I'm thinking, vibration travels through the hull, up the RAM mount, and into the head. Without the mount, it has to travel all the way up the shaft, losing energy as it goes. I'm thinking of it this way, jump down off your tailgate without flexing your knees when landing vs. flexing them when you land. My Terrova barely moves while trailering, and in rough water, but I don't tend to go "banging around" in a chop.

Poorly worded on my part, but the rope would be slack, just there in the event your unit deployed itself due to a bump. Basically, serving the same purpose as the safety chains on a trailer. Although, given my lack of understanding as referenced in my previous point, a taught rope would seem to transfer less energy than a stiff mount, so I guess I missed your point there, too.

Another apology if I come off as argumentative. Just not getting it.

Edit: Your seat post is fixed to the boat. Plenty of shock transfers from the boat to the occupants through that post. Why doesn't the RAM do the same thing?

Last edited by Ricky Spanish; 01-06-2017 at 01:55 PM.