Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Best Way to Get Water Out of Gas Tank???
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2001, 11:37 AM
Keeper

Default Best Way to Get Water Out of Gas Tank???

Well, I tried it - and you know what...you still can't burn water in a 4stroke 9.9 kicker! I had a problem with intermittent running of a Merc 9.9 kicker - sometimes it would run fine, other times it wouldn't want to start, and still other times it would start on an angle and die as it was lowered back to level. I couldn't get it started for day 2 at Huron this past weekend so in it went to the mechanic.

Anyway, the mechanic said easy fix...after he found the problem...drained the carb and there was water. So, my gas tank is part of the boat and I plan to dump some Gas Dry with fresh gas and then run it through the big engine. Maybe do this a few times as the capacity of the aux tank is 8 gal and the 225 takes almost that much just to idle out of the harbor! I've run the small tank empty a few times and run it through the big motor - checked the fuel filter/water sep and not noticed any water before.

Just wondering how others have cleaned out their tanks? Also, any pm that folks do to keep this from happening? (already store it full all winter with Stabil, etc.)

Just curious. Thanks.
Bob