Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Lake of the Woods
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Minnow

Default Lake of the Woods

Well, for the winter enthusiasts like myself today is a good day in Lake of the Woods County! We are about to double the amount of snow we have on the ground with the 4-6 inches of snow we are expected to get in the next 36 hours!!! Did you know on average approximately 30 inches of snow falls throughout the year in Lake of the Woods, not this year!
Anyways, back to fishing! We’re hearing mixed reports on depths right now as we enter the middle of the hard water season. The majority of people I’ve spoke with are having some nice luck right around 30-32 feet of water. One resort owner I spoke with has houses at 34 feet of water and enjoying a nice bite. We’re still seeing some nice quality fish coming through and a vexilar/fish finder remains very helpful. Again, we’re seeing more sauger than walleye, but the sauger are of quality size. Gold, Red, Pink, Glow,and actually some silver, perhaps due to the clearer water. You know the drill on presentation.
The NorthWest Angle has a lot to report this week! At the Angle many limits of crappies are being pulled from Canadian waters at about 30-32 feet of water. One group caught a 48” musky on a crappie jig! Another group pulled at least 15 white fish from good ‘ol Lake of the Woods! Walleye fishing by Garden Island has really taken off. Everyone is bringing in their limits with ease. Great temperatures, continued snow fall, and the fishing is on fire…A perfect winter!