Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Fort Peck Report
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Minnow

Default Fort Peck

The walleye fishing in Sept. is almost always slow. The warm water takes them deep and scattered and the food sources are your competition. June and July are best.
Thanks Tom from Nevada for coming fishing. I had a great time with you guys. Hope you got into them the next few days. That severe weather probably did not help.
Southerland area has started to pick up. We contour troll with 3 lines off the boat and 2 planer boards. I don't think you will be able to get that close to shore with 6 boards and with the weed problem, you will be fouled a lot. You can get by with the 6 boards out in deep water, but the catch rate will go down. There is a pretty good bite sometimes at night in deep water trolling shallow running cranks in the basin areas as the plankton rises and the ciscos follow the food souirce up. The big walleyes follow.
We had a slow day yesterday. Only 4 small walleyes and 3 small saugers. We lost 2 big fish. I'm not sure what they were. On Monday we caught walleyes at 10.3, 7.5, and several eaters size. All were caught on cranks in 15-20 feet.
Good luck