Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Single person loading
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Keeper

Default Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jig View Post
Tie up the boat, get the trailer in the water. Get in the boat and drive it on to the trailer. When it is clear on the trailer let the motor keep running with the motor in gear. Walk up front lean over and hook the chain on the boat and walk back and shut off the motor and tilt it up. By the way tilt the motor half way up when driving it on the trailer so that the motor does not hit the bottom. Climb off the front and get in vehicle and drive out............... That how I do it all the time. Yes, it is easier if someone else handles the hook up and drives out. If it will not work this way get a smaller boat! The way you are doing it, God help the people waiting in line.
This is how I've done it. Sometimes if the shoreline is right I'll slowly pull the bow into the shore off to the side of the traffic area just far enough so it doesn't go anywhere, hop out the front, run and get the rig, back it in, and then hop back in the boat and drive it on. That way, my boat is not interfering with any others at the ramp trying to get in or out.

Maybe I'm dense, but why would there be a prohibition on powerloading? I fish mainly in SD, and I've never run into that.