Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Ice Shelter
Thread: Ice Shelter
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Keeper

I have a Frabill unlined flip single person and last winter it was 10 degrees with me inside. I was compfy about a 10 mph wind outside. Problem I ran into was the eyelets on my ice rod kept freezing up. I would fire my Mr heater buddy on low then shut it down after about 10 minutes. this year I have purchased a Coleman sport cat. It is a whole lot less heat. Now here is the lesson.... heat is heat and your location compaired to mine make no difference unless the wind or temperature varies. If I were back on Lake of the Woods with these same temperatures I would expect the same results. If you are in colder weather and wish to conserve fuel an insulated model may be what you want. You will have to balnace out the costs. My feeling was I could always trade up if needed but seldome can you trade down. As a temporary fix you can always add heat and Long Johns are the first thing I go for. Get the best you can purchase. Checkmate