Choosing a boat???
This is a very open ended question, but I'd appreciate any help here.
Currently have an 1983 16.5' Smoker Craft Pro Angler 60hp, kicker and electric bow mount Minkota. Set up nicely for fishing with a family of four, but we've run into some issues with the large motor and that has led me to looking at buying a "new" used boat.
I'm looking to do a pretty significant upgrade, and require the following features:
- Ability to seat/fish a family of five - Things have changed in the family and I need to have a boat large enough to accomodate 3 kids ages 3, 6 and 9 along with my wife and I.
- We are generally fair weather fishers, but I need a boat large enough to handle 2-3 foot chop with ease and comfort - if the ocassion arises.
- Multiple livewells - front and rear
- In floor rod storage
- Full wrap around/walk-through windshield
- Bow mount electric troller
- 4 stroke kicker
- Lots of convenient storage
I've been surfing sportshows and websites for about a year now and realize that I can't afford a $30k+ boat, but that there appear to be a number of well maintained 2-4 year old boats in the $20k - $30k price range that fit my bill.
I'd like to get some feedback on my top choices right:
1. G3 - 185F
2. G3 - 210 - Tournament - Not many around though...
3. Lund Pro V 1900 IFS
4. Lund Pro V 2025 IFS - Probably too much $$$
5. Crestliner 202 Tournament
There probably isn't a bad choice here, but any input on the pros or cons from any of these models would help.
Also any thoughts on power combinations would be appreciated.