Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Global Warming & Cool/Cold Water Fish - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Default Political?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Fisherman View Post
Anyone who sees an agenda in this thread must be paranoid. It's about a scientific issue applied to fish and fishing. That's all, no more, no less. I guess that some people have a need to believe that political messages are hidden between the lines in everything they hear. I can picture them sitting around with their secret decoders thinking: Ah ha, I figured out what these people are really saying and they're trying to ruin my life. You guys would be funny, if you weren't so sad.
Who said political.....perhaps your secret decoder isn't working quite right or you're paranoid..... mr concerned guest

"Who is John Galt?"

Standing by on 68 --- Chasin Tales

Last edited by Mich_Fisherman; 09-05-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Concerned Fisherman

Default Kinda Scary...

What type of agendas are you referring to Mich_Fish. This thread is not about agendas of any kind, check your decoder again. It's about science applied to fishing. And don't be afraid, nobody has any agendas for you of any sort. Thinking that there is an agenda here is a sure sign of paranoia. I'm with WTF on this, does anyone have anything intelligent to contribute to this discussion about global warming and fishing?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Default Secret Decoder is broken :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Fisherman View Post
What type of agendas are you referring to Mich_Fish. This thread is not about agendas of any kind, check your decoder again. It's about science applied to fishing. And don't be afraid, nobody has any agendas for you of any sort. Thinking that there is an agenda here is a sure sign of paranoia. I'm with WTF on this, does anyone have anything intelligent to contribute to this discussion about global warming and fishing?
Science applied to fishing...of course.. and no facts, just opinion. That's science for sure. Remember it's not global warming anymore, its climate change.....for this year anyway.

"Who is John Galt?"

Standing by on 68 --- Chasin Tales
Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Keeper

Default Clarification...

The original intention of this thread was to discuss how increased global temperatures may affect fish populations. If temperature continues to rise as climatologists predict, cool/coldwater fish populations will definitely be affected. We will not be able to fish for them in locations where they previously thrived. There's a lot of supporting evidence out there for anybody willing to do a little research. But, who's to say that researchers aren't wrong. I remember growing up in the 1970's when we had severe winters in Ohio and scientists predicted that we were moving into the next ice age. That was wrong! Nobody knows for sure whether or not the current trends will continue. This discussion was supposed to be based on the premise that warming trends will continue. As we all know, nothing is for sure. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you don't have to accept that global warming is taking place. This thread definitely was not intended to promote any political agenda or any other agendas. It's just about current scientific thought cocerning trends in higher temperatures and how that may affect fishing for us all.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Wallhanger

Default True

While it is true that any changes in fishery environmental conditions MAY affect future fishing endeavors, that also means that they MAY NOT as well. To claim ones ability to forsee the end result with any true acuracy is foolhardy at best. Choose wisely, silently wait and see.