Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
I give up! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Minnow

Default I give up!

Since my LCX-111 is permanently stuck on 32 degrees, I am going to add a small bottom scanning unit on the dash. Probably either the Elite 5 DSI, or a 500 series Humminbird with DI. At least then I will have the water temp and a nice (but small) bottom view. Does anyone have any experience with these smaller units? Please comment either positive or negative. The transducer will be in the back, and I don't need it to link with my 111. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Saw an Elite 5 DSI unit in use for three days while up in Canada two weeks ago! Other than the small screen, it was crisp, clear and really did a great job of showing the fish and the rockpiles we were fishing while fishing eyes. Thinking about getting one for the front of my boat, I was impressed!!

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Wallhanger

If your temperature is the only problem, I think you'd be better served spending your money on a clinefinder. That will give you the water temps below the surface, where it's important to know it.