Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Lawn burn from dog urine - HELP ! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Hunting Dogs and dogs in general

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Keeper

Default Lawn burn from dog urine - HELP !

My 17 month old male Golden Retreiver is the greatest thing since Mertens' Power Tiller Steering, except for the urine burn in the yard. I replaced 33 rolls of sod this spring prior to a big get together, and while our efforts to pour water on the spots immediately after he goes have helped, we still miss from time to time. I know there are pills available thru Foster and Smith, but I am not sure if they work, and am concerned about long term effects. A neighbors friend said that about 10 years ago he was given something by a vet at the University of Minnesota that was a liquid, and he simply put a couple of drops in the dogs water. Lawn burn stopped almost immediately, and after a year, he no longer needed to treat the water. We have noticed that we had no lawn burn at our place up north, but we do not fertilize that yard, and I know that makes a huge difference. Any advice would be appreciated. THANKS