Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
oahe - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Minnow

Default oahe

can anyone tell me or give me some advice if this would be a good tournament for me to start my "professional career" at or would i be better off waiting till next year? i have some good experience at the local and regional level and fished as a "co" several times. ive never fished this body of water before and find myself intimidated by the thoughts of going up against quite a few big names. i really want to compete at a higher level and dont expect to win the tournament but would be very happy with finishing in the top half. any advice would be great!
thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Vikings Fan

Thumbs up "Never Be With Those Cold And Timid Souls"

By all means go for it! Sounds like you are ready.

This is the quote Juls posts when she replies. Good advice way back when and good advice today!

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."...Teddy Roosevelt
Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Slot Fish

If you are going to fish as a pro next year jump in this one to get a good feel. That way you know what you will have to deal with on a full time basis. It is a fun body of water to fish and the tour will be back so start your notes now. Plus look at how many first time anglers do well.
NPAA #180
Old 08-15-2011, 06:38 AM
facts

go for the win nobody remembers who finishs in 2nd place... good luck
Old 08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Oahe

To paraphrase an old song "if you got the money honey they got the time".

If you can afford it jump in and let er buck.

Don't forget your "slow death" rigs and lots and lots of crankbaits

Good Luck

Old 08-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Go for it...you might not be here tomorrow. And, who knows...you may just surprise yourself.

Juls
NPAA#89

Find me in Walleye Central's Business Directory HERE

http://www.walleyecentral.com/pros/?proID=8

2014 Ranger 620
250 ETEC
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Terrova w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird 1199 SI, 1159c DI on Dash & 1159 Bow
Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Keeper

Oahe would be a great place to start. The fishing has been so good it makes everyone look like a pro. You just need the right bites in the right order, anyone's ball game. Good luck to you if you decide to give it a go!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Minnow

Thank you everyone for your positive replys! Im now signed up for my first pro tournament! Now Im as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900eyes View Post
Thank you everyone for your positive replys! Im now signed up for my first pro tournament! Now Im as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to you!
NPAA#555
Old 08-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Minnow

Default curious

To bad 1900 eyes didn't tell us his name so we can watch his progress. For all I know he could be leading Tommy Scar by 2 lbs, wouldn't that be a dream come true. (does anyone know his name?)
Russ McDonald

Last edited by McCan; 08-25-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.