Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Camping in Canada??? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Bio - I go to a camp near Nakina which has a camp ground located near the lake. The first few miles of the lake from the camp are island-filled, which means it is easy navigating with a smaller boat, fishing is great. Check out www.osullivansrainbow.com

If you have questions, feel free to contact me at bigfishbill@fmtcs.com

Bill Krejca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Minnow

I would suggest you contact the MNR in the area that you wish to fish. They are usually quite helpful and will provide suggestions based on current information.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Keeper

You might want to check out www.birchdalelodge.com they have campsites available and are on Eagle Lake. Plenty of area to fish with walleye, northern, smallmouth, lake trout and musky.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Wallhanger

The daily rate for non-resident camping on crown land in Ontario is per person, so you may be want to consider the cost and aggravation versus a plot of grass at a fish camp with a freezer to store some of your food/fish.

It was suggested that a conservation fishing license must be used when camping on crown land. I fail to understand the relationship between camping and fishing license type. I've camped on crown land and fished with a sport license.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Keeper

I think what was meant by the person posting that is camping on Crown land you may only keep fish according to the limit of a conservation limit. This applies even if you purchased a full license. This is meant to steer you into using a lodge/outfitter. If you camp thru a lodge or outfitter your a spending more money in the Provence and supplying jobs and you may keep a full limit.

Mwal
Old 02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Ive camped in Canada before went in backwoods camping and fishing with my son. Canoe portage camp on islands no problems. I did put my canoe on a little rowboat trailer and was able to fill the canoe with camping gear. Thus I was able to take a smaller vehicle that was better on MPG. The same would work with a small rowboat instead of a top carrier you get to take more gear already loaded in the boat boat in find a great place to camp. Keep it simple and you will have a great time.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Keeper

I've called & sent an e-mail to the MNR. I'm hoping to hear back from them next week. I think that this may work out. I have also contacted a few outfitters to see about camping near their lodges. I appreciate the insight! Please keep the ideas coming!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM
wi dukntz

We have been camping on Crown Land for over 40 years. Last few years our biggest consern has been keeping bear out of camp. We use an electric fence run off a deep cycle battery. It has worked well so far. We have seen bear in camp at dusk but after chasing them out, have never had them get into anything at night or while out fishing...............

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.