Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Need a trailer, where to go - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers

Old 03-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knutson21 View Post
Eagle trailer would be the last thing I would ever consider buying. The one that came with my new Lund Explorer in 2003 was the biggest pile of junk. There was a short in the wiring somewhere that I could never find, kept blowing the fuse in my truck. The Spring broke on it at 2 or 3 years old. No I was not over loaded, and it did have the Carlisles on it that blew apart. I believe that Carlise has gotten their act together since that time frame. I thought the construction of the trailer was real nice I just think I had bad luck, which makes me negative about Eagle.
I have an Eagle trailer that was custom made for my boat and its easily the best trailer I have ever had
Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Keeper

Default Trailers

I've had a Trailmaster on my old boat and a Trailmaster on my new one. Great trailers, very easy to load and designed for my hull. As PJ said, a couple friends have Eagle trailers. They are great too.

Paul C.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Slot Fish

Default need a trailer

Dutch- Have to agree with Mark on boat transfer but you don't necessarily need a pre-built trailer. In my area (Northern Ontario) there are plenty of custom boat & trailer builders who have a ton of knowledge in trailer setups. They're used constantly by the local Police, Search & Rescue & MNR for their own unique requirements & most of them build great products. You'll probably need to drop off your rig so they can assess all the proper weights & dimensions needed so the boat sits right & tows properly. Inboard? I/O? Outboard? Kicker? Bunks or rollers? etc. You being from Minnesota (Land of a thousand lakes) it shouldn't be hard to find one that's competent. If you plan on keeping your boat I would look into this. Ask around & I'm sure you can get the right fit for your particular boat. Doesn't cost anything for a quote.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Keeper

I have had both EzLoader and Shorland'r bunk trailers and have been satisfied with both brands. And this includes trailering on gravel roads.
My current trailer is an 2011 Ezloader galvanized bunk trailer with oilbath hubs and torsion suspension, surge brakes and swing tongue under a Lund 1825 Pro Guide. And it's a 96" width trailer for garage clearance reasons. Which was contrary to some dealers insisting it had to be a 102" width trailer.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Minnow

Contact Brainerd Rec, they are a stocking distributer of Shor'lander trailers, they would help you find a dealer close to you, Good Luck
Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 AM
Keeper

I have a Prestiege Trailer, that I'm very happy with. Unfortunately, they are out of business. I think Heritage bought their assets. I have heard good things about Heritage. Also I'll agree on Eagle and Trailmaster.
Jim
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffishman View Post
Also stay away from EZJunk trailers. I bought one, and it was a big piece of junk.
What did you think was going to happen when the trailer was called EZJunk?