Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Proud New Owner Of My Lund...Finally!! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Wallhanger

Caution, many memories ahead! Good for you and your family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Keeper

Nice boat!! Welcome to the Lund family and may she serve you well for many years.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Slot Fish

Smile

Thanks!! I love it so far and hope it ends up being a good purchase in the end. The color and and the low hours made it a quick decision to get it. Yes, the guy i got the boat from who lives in ND, used it little, as with it having so few hours on it. Having only 67 hours on it and being a 4 yr old boat made it a quick sale, plus the looks are good too. That was a plus in itself. Would have been nice have it not had so much white on it, but hey, one can't be too picky. Having a partial white boat has it's +/-, as does any other boat color. Looking forward to putting it to the test and see what it can handle. Heard a lot of good things about the lund gl's from owners and many negatives from non-owners, so i guess i'll find out who was right. I'm pretty happy with it regardless and hope that many walleyes will frequent my livewell each trip out. One problem will be trying to keep my lil 2 yr old boy out of it...he's going to be in it so much, i might just as well put his bed in there and the tv to watch mickey mouse...gonna have to keep an eye on him when he is as with kids, they love to push all the buttons, thus ending up with maybe a dead battery come time to use it...good times to look forward to for sure.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

So I take it you found a place in Duluth/Superior to put it on the water and made the trip?

You've been looking at this model boat, and others similar for a few years, nice to see you being able to take the next step. Here's to hoping you enjoy your new ride as much as we would all like to! I chuckle when I see the pic parked on the lawn in front of your house - so how's the wife feel about all that? Does she just shake her head? Mine does...
Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Slot Fish

Smile

Thanks. It's been a long...looooong wait for this day. Yeah, i was able to meet the guy at Loons Foot Landing in Superior, WI and test it out. Good ramp and easy to get to as well. Was thoroughly impressed with it when i finally saw it up close and took it for a drive, instead of looking at pics via email for the past 7 months. Looking forward to getting alot of use out of it and lot's of memories with it. Being a Lund, i hope it with stands the daily grind of being on the water. Yeah, i've been looking hard for the last few years here on WC and elsewhere for the right boat to come along and the wait is finally over. Contemplated many other different sizes and brands of boats, but this one for me seemed to stick out the most for m needs. Actually, that one picture with the boat in the yard is from the guy who i got the boat from. As you stated though, i'm sure to get the same look from my wife with its parked in the front yard. Oh well...life goes on as they say.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Wallhanger

AWESOME looking boat!Have fun and take good care of it.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Wallhanger

Very nice! I love that color. Lots of white is what I like about that color scheme which is what sold me on the gl I bought. My previous boat was dark green and I always wondered what impact that was having on me during those 100 degree days with no wind.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Wallhanger

Default master power switch

You should have the power switch in the rear battery compartment, turn it off and then let your son flip any switch he wants while he captains HIS new boat all over your garage!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Slot Fish

Indeed...it will be well taken care of i can assure you. Can't afford to destroy it after seeing what the new one's are going for. Roger that. There is a master switch located in the battery compartment, so hopefully it will do it's job when my mischief lil boy starts playing captain at the helm.