Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Brushy Creek - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Fishing the Midwest with Bob Jensen > Award Winning FTM TV...with Bob Jensen

Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Slot Fish

Default Brushy Creek

Hi guys,

I was just curious if anyone on here ever fishes Brushy Creek near Webster City for walleye? I have heard there are some nice walleye in there but have never fished for them there. I have had good luck with crappie and bass. Any hints or tips would be great!

Bryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Hi Bryan,,,wish I could help. I've fished Brushy Creek, but only for lm bass. I've heard about the walleye fishery, also muskies are present. I've heard most walleyes are caught by the dam, but that's all I know.

Let us know what you find out if you go there.

Thanks for the question.

Best Fishes,

Bob Jensen
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the reply Bob. There are some very nice large mouth in there. If I ever get into the walleye I will be sure to let you know.

Bryan
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Minnow

There are some real nice walleye in Brushy Creek. The dam can be good Trolling crankbaits near the drop offs also check out the roadbeds that are located all around the lake they can be trolled also or work live bait down them. Lots of people fish slip bobbers with leeches off the jetties or anchor off points around groups of trees. Vertical presentations work best because of all the tree branches. There are some real nice rock piles that should be checked out also. It can be a tough lake to figure out and it takes some time but if you keep after it and stay patient it will reward you with some nice fish.
Good luck,Tracy
Old 05-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the info. You are right.. The key will be patients!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.